Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thing 25. Bloggers' Toolkit

I decided to add the Vozume gadget to my blog, I noticed YouTube implemented a speech feature to their site a while back that allows the user to hear the posting before it is submitted.  Kind of interesting, but it has problems with the proper pronunciation of certain phrases, but it does pretty well for being a "robot speaker".  I also added Clustrmap not only to see how many people actually look at my blog, but where they live too.  Next I added a search bar to my page so that things or blog posts I added could be looked up quickly if they wanted too.  Lastly I added a poll to my blog asking if people were either:  inside of the ALS region, or outside of the ALS region, just to get an idea of who (if anyone) is reading my blog.

Realistically, any of the ones that needed to create ANOTHER user account, I sort of steered away from.  I have too many passwords and usernames floating around in my head.  Its best to avoid creating new accounts when possible, at least for me it is.  I spent about an hour sifting thru all of these tools/gadgets, but I was on dial up Internet, so that slowed me down a bit.

No comments: