Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thing 24. Refresh Your Blog














I retooled my blog a bit, I changed the template/background, and created a new avatar. This one is straight out of a South Park episode, in terms of the style of it. When did their very first episode in grad school, they would cut out every pieces of paper for the characters, backgrounds, sets, then use stop motion to animate an entire episode. For every second of show, there are something like 24 "frames", therefore 24 frames per second. Anyway, I couldn't get the site to save my avatar, so I print screened it into Photoshop (yes I have Photoshop now, I had to buy it for a class, and it ONLY cost $250, what a deal eh?). Then I was able to save it as a normal .JPG file.

I also edited my profile, and include info as to where I live, and where I work, as well as my hobbies. I also added a few new gadgets, like picture of the day, and quote of the day. There are so many new gadgets now, so it should be interesting to change them around every once in a while.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Very nice retool and the avatar is very cool. Isn't it good to know that cash for Photoshop is money well spent? How's the learning curve on that? Any significance to the Robin Hood look? Anyway, glad to have you back to take your mind off your homework..although we're not exactly rest and relaxation here. Hoping to get more interaction among participants this time around.

Chris said...

For most things a simple photo editing program would do fine, like GIMP or even MS paint. Photoshop in my opinion is overkill, and like many programs you only scratch the surface when using it. Professional photo people and designers probably would have more use with it than I would.

I was trying to make my avatar like Link from the Legend of Zelda video games (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0e/Link_LOZ_with_items.png). He does look a lot like Robin Hood tho.

Linda said...

I've been watching old movies, hence the Robin Hood association. If I'd been playing video games lately I might have remembered Legend of Zelda.

Isn't that the way with all the software? It has so many bells and whistles, yet we barely scratch the surface of what's there.

Dave Carlson said...

I went with the cheaper version, Photoshop Elements a few years ago. Mostly I enhance colors, brightness, and contrast of photos. I reduce the file size from as much as 3 mb as is from the camera to 200-300kb to upload faster to web applications. Otherwise I haven't scratched the surface of other Photoshop features.