Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing 36. Comic Relief: Generate Some Fun

I like the free PDF makers, as well as the READ posters, even though I couldn't get that link to work.  I even searched ALA's site, and I couldn't find it so maybe they have taken it down.  I know I used it last year at one of our teen events in Gilbert, so maybe they are updating it or something.  The dewey decimal generator with your name and birthday was okay, mine came up as two different choices: 517 (unassigned) or 704 (special topics in fine & decorative arts).  I went to Stripgenerator and found these comics.
Adventures in Library-sitting
This reminds me of every library job I have had so far, this was created by infomaven.

This one was made by orgmonkey.
electronic journal usage statistics
I really think that the kids would enjoy this more, and we could do it during a teen tech week event, or during a teen reads week event.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That ALA site is NOT easy to find anything on and they keep moving things around. Here's a link to the mini-READ poster generator:http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/publishing/graphics/READ_Mini_Posters.cfm

Thanks for letting us know it didn't work. I've added a comment at the bottom with the new link.