Friday, March 20, 2009

Thing 41. Mashup Your Life

Do these services make life easier? For me, NO! Unless you are really into the social networking aspect of the web, which I'm not, these devices and websites ultimately make life harder, as I would still have to check the one site I wanted to use in order to control all of my other social websites I use. I tried signing up for one, and the problem is, is that I forgot a lot of my user names I used last year for the first 23 Things on a Stick program! At least this year I was smart enough to use the SAME user name for every site or thing, if possible. But, I at least see the point of them. We get a lot of people in the library using Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc. It might be a good idea to direct them towards these resources and see if they might be able to help those interesting in maintaining all of the social sites from one place.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I think it's kind of nice to be able to have your "lifestream" accessible in one place, but recently saw a friend on Friendfeed mention the difficulty in un-mashing parts of the stream she no longer wanted to use...said it was not easy to extricate.