Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing 30. More Ways to Use RSS and Delicious

I don't use my RSS feeder regularly, I do however look at my RSS feeds on my blog pretty often, but like everyone else its sometimes hard to find time to do these "virtual" things online, especially when school and work get in the way.  I really like the ones with information about libraries, and related topics.  I have the del.icio.us/minn23 that I follow the most.  I had some sports ones on a for a while but they made my site too cluttered.  I guess the feature I use the most for the del.icio.us thing, is that of the tagging.  It somehow seems very important to tag the stuff, and group things of similar nature together.  Im not really sure why tho, maybe because it reminds me of DDC or LOC call number systems, who knows!  The biggest suggestion I have for RSS feeds, is to start small.  Then once you see if you are using it regularly or not, you can add more, or take some away, depending on how often you use it. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

RSS feeds to suck up time. Being able to find something you've tagged in del.icio.us is the whole idea, and organization (but your terms, not somebody else's terms) is the way to do it. You give good advice on the RSS feeds. I use my RSS feed reader to keep up with those participating in the 23 Things and More Things program so I don't miss their posts. Works a treat.