Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing 29. Google Tools

I picked the Alerts.com > alerts page.  I had them send updates to my email address about the cheapest gas prices, and top local news, one time a week.  I had them sent updates for both gas and diesel prices, just so I know what is happening for both types of fuel.  There were many other types of alerts you could get, but I decided to try these out for a while and maybe add others later on.  The movie/dvd alert would probably be one I will try next, especially to know when dvds come out, this would be very useful.  The second option I picked was the Google calendar, I would not want to share this with anyone, but it would be useful for me to add entries to it since I work two jobs, so this would be a good way to see where I need to be each day.  I think the week option would be nice for school, I usually just make an excel spreadsheet each semester, but this would save some time, since the dates were already there, I would just need to update the days with whatever assignment was due.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Good that you can see uses for the things we're exploring since that's the whole idea of learning about them. You're putting me to shame. I'd better get busy blogging. I've been doing things and commenting but not getting them blogged. Seeing you do so many is putting me into a panic.