Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thing 27. Twitter

I could see a use for this for myself in a library setting, if only to talk with the kids and teens about it, since they seem to be using it once in a while.  Perhaps Twitter would best be used better for me in a social setting, so I now need to try and get some of my friends to join.  My username is "23 things".  I would not want to use this on my phone, because I do not have enough money to buy a real phone, I had to purchase a pay as you go phone, so I cant get unlimited texts, I have to pay 5 cents per text.  It would be okay to try it out a bit, but using it too much would not be cost effective for me.  I liked just the basic "what are you doing" question, people were driving home from work, doing taxes, riding their bikes, it seems weird but even tho I have no clue who these people on they want to share with the world what they are currently doing, kinda neat really.  I added a Twitter badge that would keep everyone informed on what Im currently up to.

No comments: