Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing 31. More Twitter

I like the Power Twitter add on for Firefox.  Of course I like just about any add on for Firefox, but it works with Youtube, Google Maps, and many other websites that I like.  Im still not totally sure about Twitter, it might grow on me in time. I thought this was an interesting Internet quiz, What Punctuation Mark Are You?I was a dash -.  Whatever that means.  Hmm, no specific category for Librarians, but there is a sub category under Education.  But I added my name to it, so we will see where it goes from there.  I put down where I worked, so we will see how many people from NCLC notice me on there.  Im definitely in the denial stage of Twitter, I see its purpose, but Im not quite there yet.  I think Twitter is a beginning, a new way to look at the web and social interaction.  Here is a neat Twitter badge/icon I found.
Anyway, you guys can tell when it is spring break for me, can't you?  I have done more on this blog in the past day, then I have since I started it back up again in January!  Pretty sad really, but school and work have to come first...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Aha! Wait and ye shall be enlightened. What are you doing working on break? Or is it enjoyable enough to be considered fun? Twitter is not an immediate thing that you get, it takes some time before you get that "aha" moment, if you ever do. Just keep an open mind and make yourself keep on keeping on. It helps to follow more different kinds of people to expand your influences.

Chris said...

Not sure if Id consider this work, just thinking about either of my employers paying me to do this makes me chuckle... Anyway, I dont want to do any homework this week, and Im home visiting my parents, so Im kinda bored, I figured I would try to learn something new.