Friday, March 20, 2009

Thing 42. Music 2.0

I use the Internet radio for NPR/MPR pretty often, probably a few times a week. I like to have it on in the background when I'm surfing the web or doing homework. My favorite show on NPR is either Car Talk or The Story. Never say never when it comes to the Internet. A few years ago most people would have thought you were crazy if you told them that newspapers would cease to exist, and would be entirely online. However, this is true for some newspapers now. They found it wasn't feasable to keep operating both a print and online version of their paper. So, someday radio may be entirely online, but I don't see it happening real soon at any rate. I can't really recommend any radio stations, but I can recommend iTunes. It is really one of Apple's better products. Not only can you listen to download and listen to music, podcasts, as well as TV shows and movies, you can also listen to streaming radio. They have several hundred stations listed in iTunes, and there are some good ones on there. Check it out when you have time. Although, with many online tools, streaming radio is best listened to with high speed Internet, unless you like being frustrated by a dial up connection, don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yep, as I heard expressed so well on Twitter yesterday, forget about the Information Superhighway, some of us still have the equivalent of gravel roads and cow paths.