Friday, March 14, 2008

Thing 9. Online Collaboration Tools

This was a good exercise, as I got to learn about online document editing a little bit more. I have used Google Docs lately, mainly for my graduate courses I'm taking to earn my MLIS degree. We have a group of 5 people, so we enter into a chat, and then one person makes all the changes to the document, just so there aren't 5 different people making changes all at the same time. Then after the chat we add our parts to the paper, and make a final edit, and then post it so our professor and other fellow students can view it. Google Docs is a very valuable tool for online collaboration.

I guess I would stick with Google Docs over Zoho, but that is just because I had used Google Docs before this exercise, they both have good features. As far as the founding fathers, I think that they would probably be excited about the opportunity to share information globally, but they might be scared of the technology! I guess it's hard to say for sure.

No comments: