Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing 16. Student 2.0 Tools

First of all since it is electronic in nature, I think most students today would enjoy using it, just for the fact that they could be online while they are filing it out, and looking over the steps they need to complete in order to finish their assignment.

The RPC breaks down into 5 different areas, with each area even being broken down further. It really helps the student understand what they have to do, and really defines each area for them. It even has a sense of humor. I told the calculator that my assignment was due the next day, and it states that "You have 0 days to finish. You have less than one day to get this done. I hope you're just playing with this thing." Pretty funny!

I suppose you could use it for a project you are working at in the library, especially if it was for a presentation you were giving to a group of people. There are options for a slide presentation, essay, and video. But, for the "slide presentation", I'm sure that they mean powerpoint, as I don't think a lot of people still use actual slides anymore.

No comments: