Friday, March 14, 2008

Thing 10. Wikis

Probably the best thing I learned about wiki's is that they are so easy to use. I never knew much about them, except for using Wikipedia almost daily to find random facts I had questions about, I never had too much exposure to wiki's until now.

However, wikipedia should not be used as a scholarly source for a paper. It can however be used to look up quick questions you have about something, like how many books are in the Redwall series, and what order should they be read in, or which survivor was voted off last night. You know, trivial, stupid stuff like that, because if its wrong, it doesn't really matter that much.

Wikis might work good in the classroom, a teacher could set up a wiki where students could ask questions about homework and the teacher could answer them.

I edited the 23 Things On a Stick, and posted a few of my haiku's I have been writing lately.

No comments: