Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing 20. Libraries and Social Networks

I tried out using MySpace as I know a few people who have sites on there. I never knew libraries were using them, but I guess that is part of the reason I'm doing the 23 Things on a Stick project, in order to learn more information about technology.

Anyway, creating your own page for your library would allow you to share the different types of music, movies, and books your library has. Or even new materials your library has just gotten in the last month. It shows people that you are still concentrating on being up to date on technology. It also allows you to post events to your page, the otherwise patrons might miss if they weren't in the library that much, or didn't look at your libraries homepage or blog.

Even ALA, has their own MySpace page, http://www.myspace.com/atyourlibrary.

No comments: